How to: Healthy, Homemade Dog Biscuits
These easy, affordable and nutritious dog biscuits are the perfect treat for your pet! With just four ingredients, you know exactly what’s going into them and there’s no nasty additives. They are also vegan/veggie friendly for anyone who feed their dog a plant-based diet. If you have a particularly picky pooch, you can personalise some of the ingredients to their tastes.
- 1 very ripe banana
- 2 small or 1 large carrot, grated
- 2 tbsp peanut butter (make sure it does not contain xylitol)
- 150g plain flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C (fan oven).
- Mash the banana and mix with the grated carrot.
- Add the peanut butter and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour a little at a time, until a soft dough forms. Get in with your hands and form a ball with the dough – add more flour if it is too sticky.
- Roll the dough out onto a floured surface, around ½ an inch thick. Use your chosen cutter to cut out the treats, and place onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake smaller treats (1-2” diameter) for 5-7 minutes, and larger treats for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Keep in a sealed Tupperware container for up to two weeks.